Saturday, June 23, 2007

Week 3: Thing 5 -- Explore Flickr


BARbQ02
Originally uploaded by zombophoto

Just playing around with this flickr/blogging tool for 23things.
It seems easy enough.

I was feeling a little homesick, so I searched for photos of The Penguin Drive-In in Charlotte, NC. It's one of my favorite spots.

They have the best jukebox in town. The owners are nice. The staff make you feel at home and remember you the next time you come in. Plus, there are few other places around where you can buy a PBR tall boy and a mess of fried pickles. If you ever find yourself in NC, make sure to stop by.

In more flickr-y news, I use the site to post my own photos, so I was familiar with tags and groups. It wasn't until this exercise though that I really took the time to explore those tools.

You know how when you use MSWord it can do about 10,000 different things, but you--personally--only use it for about three things (my list includes typing, centering words and underlining stuff).

Well, flickr is kind of the same way. You can do tags and groups or you can just use it to post pictures like I do.

3 comments:

Linda F said...

Did you ever eat at Monk's BBQ in Lexington? Also known as Lexington BBQ #1? Best NC BBQ EVER!!!

James said...

hey linda,
i've never been to monk's but i did hear that lexington was the BBQ capital. lots of spots around there for great eats.

Blog from the Bog said...

Also King's down in Petersburg, VA is awesome. Visit the trenches at Cold Harbor and relive the dying days of the Rebel army, and eat heap-big beef, what's not to like?

King's BBQ
2910 S Crater Rd
Petersburg, VA
23805-9223

Phone: (804) 732-0975

And yes that's "crater" as in Battle of the Crater road!