Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 7: Thing 17 -- Sandbox wiki


Sandbox Wreck
Originally uploaded by J R Webb

I visited the Sandbox wiki and giggled when I saw an example of one of the occupational hazards of the tool.

Someone had apparently gone in and erased some headings/pages. I'm sure the person who erased everything feels terrible--if they realized they did it--so I won't laugh too loudly.

A few kind folks created a quick band aid by assembling a second list of our 23things blogs, organized by library system. I found the FCPL section and added mine.

The optional part of the exercise also asked us to include a few links to other personal favorites. So, I'll list them here for now and, if someone fixes the sandbox wiki (hey, don't look at me), maybe I'll throw a few of these on later.

Favorite Wiki (besides, wikipedia): The Muppet Wiki

Favorite Books: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, The Violent Bear it Away, White Teeth, An Invisible Sign of my Own, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

Favorite Websites: Metacritic, DCist, Kottke

Favorite Podcasts: Filmspotting, Design and Architecture

Favorite Bands: The Velvet Underground, The Kinks, Belle and Sebastian, Stereolab

Favorite Movies: The Royal Tenenbaums, Manhattan, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Random Favorites: NPR, red velvet cupcakes, old school tattoos, Pet Sounds

1 comment:

FREDERICK HIPPIE said...

James,

I love the amazing adventures of Kavalier and Clay. I was actually telling someone today they need to read it. :) So we both like red velvet cake and Michael Chabon.

Sydney